Backbone.js gives structure to web applications by providing models with key-value binding and custom events, collections with a rich API of enumerable functions,views with declarative event handling, and connects it all to your existing API over a RESTful JSON interface.
Backbone’s Main Benifits Includes
- Organize the structure to your application
- Simplify server-side persistence
- Decouple the DOM from your page’s data
- Model data, views and routers in a succinct manner
- Provide DOM, model and collection synchronization